So, I was given the opportunity to try a product called Knuckle Lights. I am not going to lie, I am still pretty scared of the dark especially when I am by myself, so I was pretty excited to try the lights. A couple of years ago my sister and I use to run super early in the morning together. We seriously had every portable light we could find. We carried little flashlights, we both had headlamps, and we would even put a headlamp on her cute dog Daisy. (I think my sister might be afraid of the dark too!) The crazy thing was, is that we still could not see very good, and the deer that jumped in front of us still made us want to poo ourselves a little! I just don’t think headlamps and flashlights are all that awesome for running, but either are deer that jump in front of you!!!
I have been using the Knuckle lights for a couple of months now and I have to tell you that they are my new favorite early morning running accessory!!! Oh, and every time I run with the lights I think about Ragnar, and how I am going to love using them during the night/morning (okay, dark portion) of that race for sure!! Last year during Ragnar my headlamp worked smashingly while I was waiting for my team-mate to come in, and then 5 ft. into my portion it blinked two or three times and didn’t work the rest of my run!! I guess it worked in my favor because I was so freakin’ scared I would haul to the next runner with a working light. This year with the Knuckle lights it will be amazing because I will be able to see the dead skunk on the road instead of almost tripping over it!!!
So do you want to hear more about the amazing Knuckle Lights instead of my mishaps running in the dark?……..Well okay then!! Here are the things I like best about the lights. They are super light first off, and the lights allow you to just have your hands in a very comfortable, natural way. You don’t have to do anything special to wear the knuckle lights. I have worn them with gloves liners, thick gloves, and with nothing at all. They will adjust to anybody’s hand. The very best thing though, is that they light up a large area around you. You don’t have to have your hands pointed in any direction like you would with a flashlight, and you don’t have to hold your head stiff worrying if your headlamp is going to slip.
Do you want to light up your next morning run or all night relay with a pair of Knuckle lights? Well here is your chance! All you have to do is enter the giveaway!!!
Light It Up!! It’s a Knuckle Lights Giveaway!!!
(the giveaway will end March 8, 2011 @ 11:59 p.m.. The winner will be announced March 9, 2011. There are many great ways to enter! Try them all! Remember to leave a comment for each way you enter, as each comment is an entry for the giveaway. The more you comment, the more chances you have to win.)
To Enter the Giveaway
1. Be a subscriber of Todayz Run! (If you’re not a subscriber yet, that is okay! Sign up today. Confirm your e-mail and come back to Todayz Run and leave a comment! If you are already a subscriber just simply leave a comment stating you are!)
2. Go to the Knuckle Lights website. (Go take a look all the colors Knuckle Lights offers, also you can read the story of how Knuckle lights were created. Come back to Todayz Run and leave a comment on what you think!)
3. Like Todayz Run on Facebook! (Go here to “like” Todayz Run. Come back to Todayz Run and leave a comment.)
4. Like Knuckle Lights on Facebook! ( Go here to “like” Knuckle Lights. Come back to Todayz Run and leave a comment that you did so.)
5. Post the Todayz Run! Button on your website. (If you have your own website, grab my button on the right side of the page, and post it on your website! Remember to leave a comment here at Todayz Run including the link, so I can come check it out! Oh, I will also give you credit if you place Todayz Run on your blogroll.)
Extra Entries that can be done daily
5. Share the giveaway link. (Remember to leave a separate comment for each way you share the link. Every time you share the giveaway info post a comment here at Todayz Run!)
-Put this giveaway link on your blog
-Put the giveaway link in your Facebook status
-Email the link to all your bffs
Good Luck! You are so going to need it to win a pair of these awesome lights!!!
(P.S. Make sure your e-mail is correct (double-check) as this is how I will contact you if you are the winner!)